Hady

Recently I wrote to a friend who I had not been in touch with for sometime. Hady is Egyptian and had been a neighbour when I lived in Welwyn Garden City. He was single at the time and we became very close.
Hady was courting a lady from South Africa called Rashida. Rashida worked in Toronto and we occasionally saw her and made her welcome and tried to encourage the relationship. After some ups and downs Hady and Rashida married and moved into a lovely house in Hertford.
In 2007 when my marriage started to go wrong and we started divorce proceedings I felt (perhaps unjustly) that Rashida particularly was siding with  my ex wife and whenever I saw her I felt as if I was being quizzed and whatever I had said was being fed back to my ex wife. It felt uncomfortable and as Hady was Rashida's partner it meant we were alienated.

I made the effort  to get back in touch with Hady and had a positive response. I hope we can pick up our friendship.

Comments

Popular Posts