My first checkup

This morning I had my first check up after my fractured ankle. I arrived at 9 a.m. thinking I would be amongst the first there only to find I was along way from being the first.
After about 20 mins I was sent to have an xray. The radiologist was extremely brusk  (is that the word) . unsympathetic would not be an unreasonable description. Once the xray had been done I was sent back to the fracture clinic where in a very short time I was seen by the same registrar I had seen in A&E on Saturday. He was happy with the xray and said I could continue with the boot but should elevate my leg whenever possible. Angie then brought me home and cooked me "a full English" more or less with frothy coffee and then left me to my own devices as she dashed off to her vigil at Anna's as she could give birth at any moment.....
The next 5 weeks is going to be very testing both physically and mentally.

Comments

Popular Posts